Board Related Services
The meetings of the Board of Directors invariably witness the most classic conflation of the good, the bad, and the ugly. Every time the Board members get together, they have a crucial role to play. A typical action-packed Board meeting aims to achieve the following agenda.
The following factors play a crucial role for conduction successful Board Meetings:
- Structure of the Board Meetings: This defines the amount of value the Chair is able to derive by promoting active participation from the members and tapping into each member’s unique expertise.
- Engagement Model: It is important for the Chair to engage the Board Members fruitfully through the course of the meeting such that every Director’s voice is heard, opinion is sought and is duly considered.
- Discuss Big Ideas: Board Members like to be involved in the Big Ideas; things that really matter in the long-term scheme of things, rather than short-term operational matters.
- Buildup: As the next Board Meeting becomes imminent, it is important to let the members know in advance what they could expect from the meeting, and what is expected from them. It is important to freeze upon the agenda and circulate the necessary updates and reports that require members’ attention well before the day of the meeting.
- Intervening Period: After the meeting has been consummated, it is important for the Chair to circulate the minutes of the meeting and articulate clearly upon the specific tasks that the members have committed themselves to accomplish.
- Data Quality: Members hate to review data that is of doubtful authenticity. It is important that the data shared with them is true, accurate & complete.
- CEO’s Performance: With the help of a Performance Scorecard, the members should be able to fairly evaluate the performance of the CEO and the other members of the core management team.
Outgrow Consulting helps organizations run successful Board Meetings.
The core idea of Outgrow’s Board Related Services is to:
- Derive maximum value out of the Board Meetings through promotion of maximum participation from the members and tapping into each member’s unique expertise.
- Engage the Board Members fruitfully through the course of the meeting such that every Director’s voice is duly heard, opinion is sought and is duly considered.
Important Factor to be Considered
Frequency of the Meetings
Format of the Meetings
List of Attendees and Special Invitees
Format of Capturing the Minutes
Format for Data
Outgrow’s Board Related Services include the following: